Shirodhara is one of the most ancient and successful form of Ayurveda therapy that creates and all rounded de-stress and healing of the body, mind and consciousness.
Shirodhara is Ayurveda great purification and rejuvenation therapy. The word Shiro meaning head and Dhara meaning flow. This therapy aims to bring physical and emotional balance by rejuvenating and preserving health. This is achieved through a relaxing technique in which warm infused oil is poured over the forehead on the third eye chakra (Ajna) flowing through the crown chakra (Sahashra). This therapy eliminates stress, completely grounds you by reducing restlessness, calms the nerves, harmonize Vata constitution, releases stored emotions, purifies the mind by taking away cluttered thoughts. Shirodhara has been traditionally shown to help with fatigue, mental exhaustion, anxiety, insomnia , non-symptomatic headaches, allergies, excessive thinking, nervousness and many conditions commonly affecting people in a day to day active lifestyle. This age old therapy increases spiritual awareness, regulates mood and improves memory. This is an active therapy incorporated during Panchakarma. This therapy is also done with milk, buttermilk and coconut water.You will learn the following in this two-day workshop:
- Introduction to principles of Ayurveda.
- Five elements and human mind and body.
- Determine your unique biological and psychological constitution.
- Hands on training of Ayurveda Abhyanga for face, head and back.
- Choosing appropriate herbal oils and other products for Shirodhara according to individual constitution.
- Guiding the breath with chant or mantra for complete relaxation and de-stressing. Preparation and Detoxification of the client.
Date: Saturday September 23 & Sunday September 24th, 2017 Time: 10 AM to 5.30 PM Registration Fee: $425 (No additional fees; materials & light Ayurvedic meals provided) Certification: Upon completion of this workshop, you will be certified as “Ayurveda Healer – (Shirodhara Practitioner)”