Ayurvedic Uses of Oils and Ghee for Healing Mind, Body and Spirit
by Dr. Naina Marballi, BSAM, DAC
In the Ayurvedic tradition extensive use of oils and ghee (clarified butter) is made for strengthening, rejuvenating and calming the body, mind and spirit. In this workshop we’ll learn about the healing properties and best uses of a variety of oils and ghee. We’ll learn how common health problems of mind and body such as anxiety, insomnia, hypertension, obesity, high cholesterol, etc., can be addressed with the use of oils and ghee, and how to combine them with herbs and spices for specific healing effects. We’ll explore how to use oils externally in massage, musculoskeletal therapy (kati basti), oil pulling and a wide range of other applications, including for skin and hair health, nasal (nasya), ear (karnapuran), and eye (netra puran) therapies, as well as in the form of food for preventing aging, healing specific conditions and maintaining vibrant health.
You will learn the following:
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Healing and Intellectual properties of various Oils and Ghee
- Usage of various Oils and Ghee for common health issues
- Making herb/spice-infused Oils and Ghee with Healing Properties
- Oils for Skin and Hair Health
- Healing using Oils and Ghee, through the Five Senses
Two-Day Weekend Workshop
- Dates: Coming Soon! (See note below)
- Time: Saturday & Sunday 11-5pm
- Tuition: $340 (No additional fees; materials & light Ayurvedic meals provided)
- Certification: Upon completion of the workshop, all participants completing the course will receive a Course Certificate from Ayurvedas World.
Samples of whatever is made is shared with students at the end of the class
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 212.260.6084 for any queries.
NOTE: As of March 2015, we currently do not have an Ayurveda Oils & Ghee Workshop scheduled. However, please contact us using the form below to express interest so we may notify you when the next workshop is scheduled.